Friday, December 14, 2012

DIY Sewing Folder

It was my Sister's birthday last week, and I was trying to think of something to get her as a gift. She's recently joined our sewing class and has been making some lovely things, and seems to be really enjoying it.

I'd been mentioning different tutorial projects online here and there, but realised that it might be handy to have a whole heap of sewing tutorials in one easy place to give her ideas of future projects, and to see just how easy some projects really are!

So - with immense help of my Pinterest page - I prepared a quite large document (from memory, I think it was about 250 pages!!) containing all of my favourite sewing tutorials that I thought would be useful. I set up a folder with various sections, including some blank sections for her to fill up later, and also a couple of expandable plastic sleeves to store paper patterns, and also picture inspiration from magazines etc for ideas of future projects (something I started doing a little while back, and it's been quite useful). I realised that it wouldn't be practical to print off all of the tutorials to store in the folder, so I selected one from each category to print, and saved the whole document to a CD that could be stored in the front of the folder.

Here it is:



I also bought a voucher from Fabric.com to go towards fabric for her next project, and my lovely husband made up a very realistic gift card for me, as I just received the voucher in email form.



She seemed to really like it, and I'm sure she'll have fun skimming through all of the tutorials in there. I'm looking forward to seeing what she makes in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment