Saturday, March 19, 2011

Obey your parents

This post isn't really related to sewing, but it is craft based so I thought I'd share it with you all.

I've been teaching Sunday School to 3-5 year olds for the last couple of months and last week we all learnt what the word "Obey" meant. So, seeing as this week is my last one, I wanted to do something a little special for them to take home so I had this idea ...


Cool right? I got the idea from the gift that Ash gave me (see here), so I explained to Ash how I'd like it to look and this is what he created! The idea is, that the kids are going to colour in the letters of "Obey" and then I will laminate it and they can take it home.

I think this is one thing that their parents may take pleasure in displaying at home ... !

(Anyone is welcome to use this, just leave me a comment and let me know how it was enjoyed)

3 comments:

  1. Good idea - I remember that scripture very clearly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pardon me, this comment has nothing to do with your cute "obey" sign. Actually, I saw your question about scented softies on SewMamaSew, and wondered if you'd ever come up with anything. I'm making felt cupcake beanbags for my daughter's play kitchen, and wanted to make them vanilla scented. I was thinking of putting a bit of fragrance oil from soaps or candles on either the batting or something else absorbent inside. Just wondered how you fared.

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Yes, I found putting some scented oil on a cotton wool ball and putting it between the batting worked a treat :) Hope she loves it!

    ReplyDelete